BS-691 and BS-690 detectors are used to give us a quick warning in case there is a natural gas or LPG gas leak. The installation must be done by a quilified personnel. The instructions must be read first before the installation.
Depending on the monitored gas, the unit must be placed 30cm from the ceiling (for methane, natural gas) or 30cm from the floor (for propane, butane, LPG). The horizontal distance should not be more than 4 meters from the probable gas leak point and the detectors must not be placed in humid or drafty areas. It is suggested that the detector is tested for good operation every 6 months or if it is changed position.
The unit should not be sited:
- directly above cooking appliances;
- directly above sink;
- adjacent to extractor fans;
- in any outside location;
- where the environmental conditions are outside the manufacturers operational specification.
||220 - 240V AC / 50-60Hz
|Maximum Power Consumption
||5-15 % L.E.L. Propane
||Power LED , alarm LED , fault LED
||Relay (230VAC 5Α) and 12V DC
|IP Enclosure Rating
|Manufactured According to
||EN 50194, EN 60335, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3
||0 to 60 C
|Operating Humidity Levels
||up to 95%
||145 x 85 x 45 mm
|Fire detection zone
||No more than 5 detectors 12V
|Sensor life time
1. The devices must not be tested using gas filled lighters because the sensor will be destroyed.
2. If you use electrovalves 230VAC you can use a fire-siren 230VAC BS-546 and BS-542 . The connection of BS-546 show in figure 5. If you use electrovalves 12VDC you can only use BS-542 .
OLYMPIA ELECTRONICS S.A. is driven by quality and has adopted production and inspection procedures that help to supply the market with products that are in accordance with the European construction prototypes (ΕΝ). During production, the company applies advanced ‘world-class manufacturing' processes, such as lean systems, TPM and 5S which offers significant competitive advantages. Its products carry certificates from various laboratories such as:
- LPCB: LPBC Cerification is delivered by BRE Group which is an innovative group of researchers, scientists, engineers and technicians who share a common goal – to make the built environment better for all. They generate new knowledge through independent research. This is used to create the products, standards and qualifications that help to ensure buildings, homes and communities are safe, efficient, productive, sustainable and enjoyable places to be.
- VdS: VdS is an independent institution which has been ensuring safety and trust in the fields of fire protection and security for many decades and develops advanced safety concepts for significant industrial and commercial enterprises, leading manufacturers and system businesses as well as specialist firms and independent specialists.
- LLOYD'S REGISTER GROUP: LLOYD'S REGISTER GROUP is one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for clients in over 75 countries worldwide.Their product certification services help companies prove that their products are compliant with specified regulations or that they meet LR's standards and rules.
- H.E.E.Q.A.C: In addition to a Product Testing Laboratory, HEEQAC has been recognized also as a Product Certification Body according to EN ISO 45011. Our capabilities in providing support for product certifications are related to the extensive capabilities in product testing and to the expertise in the entire range of requirements for certifying a product. Our support for product certification may be based on European Directives (CE Mark or Wheelmark) or any requirements of the customer in accordance with global or national standards.
- EVPU: EVPU is an independent certification body that provide cerification services.The certification involves assessment of the ability of products to meet criteria stated in technical standards for which the Certification body is accredited.
- BSI: BSI is a business standards company that bring together the collective wisdom of over 11,000 experts to generate best practice for business. And using this knowledge and experience BSI ensures its assessors are trained to deliver leading certification services to their clients.
- Bureau Veritas: Bureau Veritas is an international group specialized in the inspection, analysis, audit, and certification of products, infrastructure (buildings, industrial sites, equipment, ships, etc.) and management systems in relation to regulatory or voluntary standards.
The company operates a complete management system, IQMS 'oly q', which includes quality management systems, as well as environmental, hygiene and personnel safety management systems. Olympia Electronics S.A. has been certified according to ISO9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 140001 and, for the second time, has been accredited the European enterprise distinction in the scope of EFQM Levels of Excellence. Additionally, the company holds the bee bronze award of the European Business Ethics Network since 2011.